Saturday, January 5, 2008

Tour d'Lair, part 1

One of my intentions at the outset of this blog was to conduct a tour of the Lair. Without further ado, I give you Sweaterhag’s Lair.





























Okay, so it looks like a rather untidy basement. But for me, it is the center of my yarney universe. Let’s start here; in the Northwest corner, we have the stash. I try to keep it contained, organized, and centrally located, but the reality is that it has a tendancy to wander all over the house.

While stash diving for fiber for a recent project I realized, once again, that my organization system was not working. So my fiber dive turned into a full blown stash toss.



















I have tried organizing by color and then by fiber, neither of which worked for me. Now I am going by yarn weight, (lace, fingering, dk, worsted, etc.) and this seems to work best for me.

Here is the reorganized stash, complete with Badger-man and mini fridge.
















I wonder how long I can keep it looking this nice? A goal I am working toward in '08 is streamlining the Lair into a lean, functional workspace. (I can't believe I posted that with a straight face.) I'll post updates.

TTFN

1 comment:

Monique said...

You didn't introduce us to your machines. Looks like I see an LK-150 and a Singer/Studio machine. What model???