Monday, January 7, 2008

The Good, the Bad, and the Shaggy

The good news:
I made an appointment to have a mammogram this morning.

The bad news:
The appoinment isn't until February 14th.

I am about 2 years overdue for my screening. Even though I have no family history of breast cancer (to the best of my knowledge), it is stupid to let it go so long. At best, a mammogram is uncomfortable. The squeezing and mashing leaves one bruised, not to mention misshapen. I always walk out feeling misused, middle-aged and frumpy.

To get moving, I offered myself this bribe-go have the smash and flash, then go straight to my hair stylist for a fabulous cut and color to make me feel young and cute again (if still slightly misshapen).

So yea! I made the appointment! But boo! It’s still 6 weeks away! I need a hair cut right now; I’m so shaggy, I can hardly see daylight. Maybe just a trim to tide me over...

Till tommorrow


No comments: