Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Horror

I'm one of those who never thinks about my hair. Wash and go, the less fuss, the better. Until something goes horribly wrong, and now I'm thinking about my hair all the time. Yes, I'm going grey; that's just unavoidable at my age, and can be concealed by some clever camouflage. But I am in the middle of a hair crisis, and I have no one to blame but me.

I bought a new curling iron last week, one that cranks up to an impossible degree Fahrenheit. I need really high heat, as I have straight as a stick, curl resistant hair, and if I don't add at least a little curve to the front, well, let's just say that I can pass for Broomhilda.

So when I went to buy a new curling appliance after my old faithful died, I was lured to the clearance table by the promise by high heat at 50% off. Bad move. I have managed to totally burn off the front of my hair, and more is so damaged that I expect to lose it. There will be no waiting until February 14th for cut and color; I am in the middle of a full blown hair emergency. I was going to post a picture, but I can't stand to face the horror.

TTFN

No comments: