Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Post Christmas Knitting Update

  1. Seamen’s scarf knit from buffalo fiber, based on Myrna Stahman’s design and using a Barbara Walker stitch pattern.Curt loves this scarf; unfortunately, so do the cats. He has to make sure this one is put away, or it gets dragged around the house.
  2. Hat for AB. Based on EZ’s “Sheepsdown Watchcap that I found in "The Opinionated Knitter". I made it from some bulky hand spun I got from a lovely woman who was spinning yarn in the goat barn at the Puyallup Fair. I was worried that this hat was going to be too heavy for my aunt, but she loves it, and it looks great on her.
  3. Present for Sister H. Designed by me.This project went horribly wrong; unfortunately, I did not notice until I started the finishing. There was no fixing it, it had to be completely frogged. I think I can have it done in time for her birthday. (sigh).
Till tomorrow,

No comments: