Friday, July 4, 2008

I have just passed my one year blogiversary. It's been a year of ups and downs. Okay, first the downs.
  • Blog 365-wow, did the wheels come off the wagon big time here. I think my (short) time participating in the insanity of blogging everyday was really a wake up slap as to how tough it is to be a consistent blogger.
  • MS3; Swan Lake-this was a cautionary lesson in the seductive power of a blind KAL. I sank a lot of time into the stole, but once I found out it was an asymetrical design, I just ran out of steam for the project. It now languishes in the UFO bin.
  • Puyallup Project-er, ahem. Yes, I do remember shooting my mouth off about there not being many knitted entries at the fair last year, and I would defintely have something to enter...yeah, ok, so if a big block of knitting time dosen't fall out of the sky and hit me on the head, I won't be able to produce something of fair quality in time, which also includes

  • Monroe Fair-see Puyallup Project above.

Now for the good news:

I have an FO for July. This is a tuck stitch baby blanket with a hand crochet edging. And I have it done in time for the shower.

TTFN

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful blanket!!

"Tuck Stitch"?
What is tuck stitch?

I've fallen in love with your baby blanket. And having a relatively urgent need for such a thing ... what is the pattern for it?

If the blanket pattern is not free, please can you pass along the stitch pattern? (I don't recall ever hearing about a "tuck stitch" before.) And I will try to construct something that looks ok -as compared to your GORGEOUS piece of work. (Lucky baby.)

Janey
janeyknitting@yahoo.ca

Anonymous said...

Don't get me wrong - I still think your tuck stitch baby blanket is beautiful.
But I scrolled down a bit more from the picture and discovered it is not hand knit. Sigh. (You had me fooled with your talk of the Yarn Harlot.)

Previously, I was going to say that the tuck stitch looks somewhat like a slip stitch.
Do you - does anyone? - think I can cobble a blanket together out of the ball band pattern?
(Trust me, the answer is "Not in time.") Sigh.

Your blanket is still gorgeous!

Janey